Monday, March 3, 2014

DIY Natural Chest Vapor Rub Recipe Tutorial For Cough & Congestion

The first time I made this natural vapor rub, it was the middle of the night. 
My toddler was coughing and congested and moaning and miserable. I was desperate.
I mixed up a small bit of this and rubbed it on her feet. 
She kept crying. I rubbed it on her chest and her back. 
She melted into me, finally relaxed. Her breathing calmed. Her coughing stopped. 
She went back to sleep immediately. I couldn't believe my luck.
I have since used this rub countless times, for my entire family. It really works!
I keep it on my nightstand, always. 
It is cheap, safe, easy to make, and pleasant to smell!

Natural Vapor Rub Recipe

2 oz Coconut Oil
20 drops Eucalyptus Oil
15 drops Peppermint Oil
10 drops Lavender Oil

Place coconut oil in a seal-able airtight container. Place coconut oil in direct sunlight until melted into liquid (or microwave for a few seconds until liquid). Stir essential oils into coconut oil. Let harden at room temp.  

To use: Rub a very small amount (1/8- 1/4 tsp) onto chest and/or back to help ease coughs/colds/congestion/ and headaches. OR Place on a tissue or rag nearby face, as to breath it in. 

Tip: Putting a little on a bib works well for toddlers!
Note: I am not a doctor/herbalist, I am simply sharing what works for me and my family. Please do not consider this medical advice. You may want to consult with your doctor before trying this with your family!

Thanks for stopping by!
Let me know how you like it if you try it! :)
Sylvie





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lil love, it makes my day! :)