Friday, May 31, 2013

Baby Gift Idea: Mint and Orange Outfit DIY

These little baby outfits are my go-to for DIY baby gifts!
The shirt is a onesie that I dyed orange. 
The pants and headband were made from an old shirt. 
For the headband, I used this Shwin & Shwin Tutorial
I cut the bird patches from some fabric from Hobby Lobby, 
and sewed them on with interfacing behind them.
Package them all up in a little homemade box, wrap some yarn around, and you're good to go! 
My favorite origami box tutorial can be found here. 
Just for fun, I added a lil bow on the front of the pants.
Just a piece of ribbon tied in a bow, and a dot of hot glue!
You can look at this heart set I made here.
You can find my full tutorial on how to make these outfits here.

Have a good weekend my dears! :)
-Sylvie


2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty new to crafting/sewing and I'm wondering how to dyed the onsie. Is there a special dye you use that is safe for babies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nicole! Welcome to my little corner of the internet! I just use Rit dye for the onesies, and then I be sure to wash them multiple times in a baby safe laundry soap like Dreft before wearing it on baby. If you are not comfortable with this, you could always look up how to dye using natural dyes, like coffee or fruits and vegetables! Welcome to the wonderful world of crafting!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a lil love, it makes my day! :)