Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Dye Your Pants Mint Green!

Remember the regular pants turned maternity tutorial I showed you last week? Well, they aren't cream anymore! :)

It was super easy and fast project!
You will need: A bucket, 1 gallon steaming hot water, 1/4 cup salt, 1 pkg Tulip fabric dye in Green, 1 pkg Tulip fabric dye in Turquoise, and your pants. 
 Here is what I did: First, I filled the bucket with 1 gallon of super hot water and added the salt, 1/2 pkg of Green dye, and 1/2 pkg of Turquoise dye. Then I mixed the solution to dissolve the dye and salt. Next, I soaked my pants in hot water, and submerged them in the water. I mixed the pants in the water for about 5 min.  
Then, I made sure the pants were submerged, and let them sit for 2 1/2 hours. Remove them from the bucket, and run them through your washing machine on a cold water cycle with minimal soap.
Dry according to tag on pants, and you are finished! :)
This is such a simple way to make yourself a "new" pair of pants for very cheap!

Have fun! :)
Sylvie

Linked To:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lil love, it makes my day! :)