Monday, June 18, 2012

BonBons Recipe

Well sorta a recipe...
More like instructions, because you don't really need a recipe.

They're that easy!

These are like the cake pops they sell at Starbucks...
Only I like them perfectly fine w/out the stick. :)


Bon bons

Ingredients:
           1 Box Cake Mix 
           1 Jar Frosting
           1 Bag Chocolate Chips
           1 Tbsp Shortening

You can use whatever flavor cake and frosting that you like. I like to use super moist vanilla cake w/ vanilla frosting. You also can use whatever kind of chocolate chips you like. I prefer dark chocolate.

Directions:
         Bake the cake according to directions on box.
         Remove cake from oven and let cool 5 min.
         Turn cake out into large bowl
         Dump your jar of frosting over cake
         Mix w/ hand mixer on med speed until thoroughly blended
         Using a cookie scooper or melon baller, scoop dough out onto 
                    a parchment lined cookie sheet
         Freeze for 1/2 an hour
  
Optional: 
          Remove from freezer and roll into round balls w/ your hands.

Dipping:
         Put a few inches of water in a small pot and simmer the water
         Place an oven safe bowl over the pot (Leaving over low heat)
         Pour chocolate and shortening into the bowl
         Stir until chocolate is melted
         Dip bon bons into chocolate (I like to use 2 forks)
         Place on wax paper to harden
         Top with sprinkles if you'd like

 Enjoy!
We had bon bons in our lil picnic last week. :)

Any questions, please ask!

-Sylv

2 comments:

  1. Super cute picnic! we just got back from our Europe trip - Kaisa explained who you are! :) makes it even more fun to read your blog. impressive blog, btw! and I've been thinking about you & husband while he's recovering. welcome out west!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I sure am having fun with this(blog)! It is good therapy for me, and it keeps my creative juices running! Glad you figured out who I am! ;) And thank you for thinking of us during my hubby's rough time!

      Delete

Leave a lil love, it makes my day! :)